It’s back to school, back to schedules, time to get serious. Everyone with any sense of fun and happy spent at least some of their vacation doing things that are off their daily health routine.
Margaritas, BBQ, homemade ice cream, something with a nacho plate, no sleep, sleeping too late, no exercise. We all are guilty. We live it up, have a tremendously fun/relaxing/fast/crazy vacation away from our daily lives—and will power goes out the window.
Then, SNAP. Back to reality.
All the fun and party begins to fade and you are left with puffy, bloated, brain-foggy, up a few pounds REAL LIFE YOU. You want to feel lighter and brighter again. You want to get back on the feel good wagon.
Here are a few simple tips on how to come back from the fog.
- BRING SEXY VEGGIES BACK. Just one EXTRA to your plate. The chlorophyll, the phytonutrients, they will add immediate energy and spark. The fiber will help boost your metabolism and enhance your digestion. Have you tried our new Celery Salad? It’s amaze balls and you get to check one of these tips off your list!
- Drink your water. I can’t say it enough. Get back to your 32 ounces of filtered water every morning. You are dehydrated. Hydration brings better metabolism, it cleanses your organs, gives you energy, suppresses your appetite. DRINK UP. (water this time). And take a refillable water bottle wherever you go.
- Start downing green smoothies. You need to give your digestive system a break. Have one for breakfast and chock it full of all kinds of greens. You can add ½ a banana if you are still on top of Sugar Craving Mountain. If you are scared to start, begin with adding spinach to your regular smoothies. Think Emerald City or Cameo. Or brighten your White Diamond with added spinach. Your body will soar.
- STRETCH it out and BREATHE deep. Both of these things keep your body renewed and keeps things moving efficiently. Yoga or your own stretching sequence will make a huge difference in your day.
- LOVE YOUR GOOD BACTERIA. Get back on your probiotics. You’re system has been compromised: bad food, good alcohol, not good living all upset the balance of good vs. bad bacteria in your gut. Digestion, immunity, brain function suffers. Bio-Kult is the best. Stock up inside The GEM.
- Catch up on your SLEEP. You’ve been staying up late and its starting to catch up with you. Sleep renews your energy, your mind and of course your body. Lack of sleep makes you crave sugar and ages you. Add CALM tea at night to relax.
- LUCKY NUMBER 7: KICKSTART your way back with a detox cleanse from The GEM. Flush out the toxins and get rid of your cravings: Juice Only, Juice Then Dinner or a Workout Cleanse—which shows you what a super healthy day can look like for the rest of your life (until summer returns anyway!).
Try these steps and let us know how you feel!
Clarity, Energy and Vibrance are in your very near future!