It’s a powerful natural detoxifier.
There are many well-documented benefits of organic cilantro. One super cool fact is that Cilantro might just be one of nature’s best chelation agents.
The chemical compounds in cilantro actually bind to heavy metals, loosening them from the tissues, blood and organs. Cilantro’s chemical compounds then help move these harmful substances out of the body. Mercury excess is a common problem that may be the result of metallic teeth fillings or over-consumption of predatory fish such as tuna and swordfish.
But wait, there’s MORE! Cilantro also …
- Eases symptoms of arthritis due to its powerful anti-inflammatory capacities
- Maintains healthy cholesterol levels
- Brings relief for stomach gas, prevention of flatulence (your friends and family will thank you) and an overall digestive aid
- Wards off urinary tract infections
- Helps reduce feelings of nausea
- Eases hormonal mood swings
- Helps promote healthy liver function
- Loads of anti-oxidants that eat up those nasty free radicals in our body…things that make us old and creaky.
STATS for this humble backyard herb:
15% of folates (recommended daily allowance per 100g)
11% of vitamin B-6
45% of vitamin C
225% of vitamin A
258% of vitamin K, one of the richest herbal sources
22% of iron
18% of manganese
This weed has flown under the radar for too long. Cilantro deserves a bowl full of respect!
So how can you get more of this super green? Add it to soups, sprinkle it on salads, douse it on dips. Too much to think about?
Have someone do it for you! Get a double dose of cilantro love when you hang out at The GEM. You can find cilantro in the soon-to-be famous GEM Quinoa Salad and Jalapeno Pesto. Hustle down and get you some cilantro!