It’s one of our favorite days — the world-wide celebration of Earth Day on April 22! With that, it is time to renew our commitment to being a GEM in every way.
Order your Earth-friendly green drinks today for pick up or delivery, straight from our app!
Since our opening 7 years ago, The GEM’s love of the earth and the environment has formed the basis of our creed.
THE GEM’S CREED: REDUCE. REUSE. RECYCLE.
You can’t believe in the value of organic produce and not respect the health of the soil and water supply it comes from. Everything in our world is connected! We know that the BEST organic produce is only made possible through supporting environmentally-friendly farming and soil practices and by helping reduce water waste and pollution.
Living clean and being green is a way of life.
Serving super-green plant-based soups, salads, juices and smoothies is what The GEM is best known for, but did you also know the ideals The GEM follows?
- SERVE ONLY ORGANIC PRODUCE. The amazing farms that supply us share our commitment to keeping chemicals out of our soil and fresh food.
- COMPOST. We’ve sent all our food waste out to compost since the day we opened. And in the last 7 years we’ve diverted 150 tons to the Texas Worm Ranch to help create a healthy planet through healthy soil!
- REUSE. Our kitchen and staff use repurposed glass bottles. Anything we can repurpose, we DO! And we encourage regular GEM customers to return brown bags, glass shot bottles, and juice/smoothie holders for reuse.
- RECYCLE. Any paper and plastic we can recycle goes to the recycler. Remember to rinse out yours at home before recycling!
- PURIFY. We use carbon water filtration systems for food and juice production to keep impurities out!
Being green and living clean means more than honestly organic goodies.
GO STRAWLESS WITH US! Go GREEN with The GEM! We’ve written a lot about how to help us help the Earth. This week, we’re asking that you Shine Brighter with us by going strawless with your daily juices, iced tea and smoothies April 22 to 27.
An estimated 500 million straws are used every single day in the United States — producing enough waste to encircle the Earth 2.5 times. As many as 8.3 billion plastic straws pollute the world’s beaches.
We’re working hard on developing straw alternatives, but until that day, be brave and go strawless with us!