Hold on to your boots. I’m about to let you in on a secret that will quite possibly make you feel like you just took a skinny dip in the Fountain of Youth. It’s called collagen. Here’s why you need this badass:
A PHYSIOLOGY LESSON:
Collagen is the most abundant protein throughout the body, especially in the skin, bones and connective tissues. A whopping 1/3 of our body is made of it. And if you are over the age of 30, every year you make less and less of it.
There are 3 main types of collagen. In simple to remember terms …
- 1 & 3 collagen: muscles, skin, blood vessels, digestive system and tendons. It gives our skin strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells.
- 2 collagen: cartilage is what holds our joints together.
WHAT AGES US QUICKLY:
Naturally, our own collagen production begins to slow as we age causing wrinkles, sagging skin, poor digestion and joint pain. Other factors:
- Sugar ~ diet high in it
- Vegetables ~ diet low in it
- Smoking or being around it
- High amounts of sun exposure
Listen, we are all aging, but why not try to fight it all the way? What if you can slow it down and feel better all at once? I’m game.
- Anti-aging: hair, nails, glowing skin!!
- Relieves arthritic joint pain
- Contributes to tendon & bone strength
- Improves gut health & digestion: “Heals and Seals” a leaky gut
- Boosts immunity. Chicken soup, anyone?
- Enhances athletic performance
- Aids in deeper sleep
- Bone healing, regeneration
NO SNAKE OIL HERE:
What goes IN your body is FAR more effective and important than what goes ON it. You need collagen, and we are going to tell you how to get more of it.
COLLAGEN: HOW TO GET IT
- DRINK IT. Consuming foods like organic bone broth (like we carry from Stocks & Bondy) provides plenty of this vital protein. Sip it, cook your soup or rice with it. Don’t like to drink it? No worries …
- SPRINKLE IT. This is kind of like drinking it too. Add collagen powder to your coffee, juice or smoothies. It is tasteless and odorless, so it’s a great way to pump up your morning java. Just ask for it! We are super excited to carry Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. AAAmazing!
- POP IT. We have it in capsules that also contain vital nutrients to activate absorption. There are 2 different types: one for hair, skin, digestive tract, the other for bones and joints. You might need both.
- SUPPORT IT: In order for your body to best utilize collagen, you want to make sure that you include vitamin C, or make sure that your supplement already includes these nutrients. Blueberries, broccoli are good supporting stars for collagen. Add our Beauty Boost to your regimen. This contains Biotin, vitamin C and other gems that help you shine.
THAT’S NOT ALL:
Other things directly contribute to aging, how you look and feel. Being forever young is a complex recipe to cook up.
- Eat right. Duh. Whole food, plant-based diet.
- Hydrate. Water is the easiest beauty & wellness trick to incorporate.
- Manage stress (makes us old, sick, and affects how our body works).
STRENGTH & BEAUTY
You’re gonna love the way you look (and feel). I guarantee it. Grab some of this strength & beauty supplement inside The GEM today!